Firefox add-ons can make everyday tasks and web browsing more simplified, categorized, and handy. With thousands of add-ons available, you have the ability to completely customize your browser - saving time and making your online life a whole lot easier! Learn more about Moxilla Firefox add-ons, and check out some of our favorites below...
Don't have Mozilla Firefox? As one of the most popular web-browsers online, Firefox is well-liked because of it's customizable, unique, and versatile add-on capabilities. To give it a try, get the latest Mozilla Firefox download here.
What Are Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons?
Mozilla Firefox add-ons are features that can be installed on your Firefox web browser. What's great about choosing add-ons, is that the The Mozilla Firefox add-ons site lets you search the whole collection of add-ons, by category of add-ons, or within each category of add-ons. The site also lists add-ons that they recommend, are most popular, were just added, and those that have any recent updates.
- On of our favorite ways to do keep our add-ons up-to-date is with the Mozilla Firefox Add-on Collector, which notifies you when your add-ons are about to expire and when updates are available.
- Some of our favorite add-ons include one that keeps track of page ranks and another that synchronizes bookmarks from work to home computers.
Check out our favorite Mozilla Firefox add-ons, plus many more that you can use in your own online business below!
Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons for Online Business
There are three types of Mozilla add-ons that are common in online business:
1. Extensions: With the ability to EXTEND beyond the Firefox browser's main features, extensions are the most popular type of add-on. Extensions are extra features that you can download according to your liking. Here are some great extensions that you can use in your online business:
- Billeo is an add-on that manages passwords, saves receipts and even auto-fills online forms in for you. This tool may sound like an unsafe idea, but it's VeriSign secured and TRUSTe certified, so your security worries are already covered.
- The Brief add-on is an easy and intuitive RSS reader that presents RSS feeds on an interactive page, and lets you bookmark and tag interesting items. After, you can browse or search your feeds by unread, bookmarked, headline, or even the full article itself.
- The KWOT Firefox add-on lets you cut out any page and make it into an impage, including flash pages and private pages. You can even cut out a favorite video clip from any You Tube video!
- With the Net Notes add-on, you can store notes on websites that you save in your bookmarks. So anytime you want to bookmark a site, you can list why you did, take some notes while reading it, list the people you want to send it to, etc. After all, how many times have you bookmarked a site and then forgot why you did?!
- Live PageRank is a great add-on that tells you any website's page rank. This would be a great tool to use in the search engine optimization (SEO) process for your online business. You even get a moveable widget that shows you the Google page ranking for any active URL.
- The StumbleUpon add-on discovers websites, pages and articles based on your interests and browsing history. This add-on can help you discover and learn from your competition. For example, if you find a site with a similar niche that ranks high in Google, you can link your site to it and gain higher ratings with Google as well!
- As the number one bookmarking add-on, XMarks (formerly Foxmarks) keeps your bookmarks and passwords (which are optional) backed up and synchronized for you. We use this to sync our work bookmarks and passwords to our home computers. Also, you can see what other people are bookmarking and find some great sites as a result!
2. Plugins: If you download an add-on that links to, or enables you to run, another program (like Quicktime or Flash Player for easy video play or a PDF downloader for easy reading) then the add-on is considered to be a plugin.
- The Add to Search bar add-on lets you choose from a list of search engines (Google, Yahoo, Ask, etc), versus just one.
- The PDFescape extension lets you automatically open and edit PDF files that you discover online - Making those annoying PDF documents quick, easy and free to open.
- With the Video Downloader, you can download flash videos, or streaming videos, from sites like YouTube. Compared to other video add-ons, this one is simple, fast and even comes with a list video sites that offer updated, safe and free videos!
3. Themes: Any add-on that alters the appearance of your browser, either partially or as a whole, is known as a themed add-on.
- The Organize Status Bar is a must have add-on that lets you orgainize your Firefox status bar icons. You can avoid cluttered, hard to find add-ons by arranging them how and where you want.
- As an award-winning sidebar control, the All-in-One Sidebar (AiOS) add-on lets you get quick and easy access to all of your panels. With this add-on, you can effortlessly switch among panels, view dialog windows (such as downloads), and uncover the source of a website's content - all in a convenient and uncluttered sidebar.
Check out this video to find even more Mozilla Firefox add-ons:
WANT MORE? Click here to find even more Mozilla Firefox add-ons! Not only are add-ons are a great way to run your online business the way that YOU want to, but there is still so much more that you can do to make your site successful. Using internet marketing tools like these found at My Famous Website will provide you with simple, yet successful online marketing techniques and business opportunities. Click on the link above to find out more ways to improve your online business!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.